take all sorts of vitamins
for thinning hair to hopefully stop hair loss and promote new growth.
While there are no magic pills that grow thick hair there are
specific supplements that support hair follicle health. Many
different factors influence hair health and the hair growth cycle.
Genetics and hormones play a role as do nutrition, medication and
stress levels. Research shows a strong correlation between vitamin
deficiencies and hair loss. You
can take specific steps to minimize hair loss and encourage new
growth with vitamins for thinning hair. Start by supplementing your diet with the best vitamins for
hair growth and adopting behaviors that promote hair health. In addition to improved nutrition, many people claim these products are equally effective for thinning hair.
Hair follicles progress through a hair growth cycle that has three distinct stages. The first stage is hair growth which lasts about 3 to 5 years. During the second stage the follicle rests for about 3 to 4 months. The last stage is when the hair detaches from the follicle and is shed. A follicle spends about 90% of its time actively growing hair and the remaining 10% resting. However, as we age these percentages start reversing so that a follicle spends less time growing and more time resting. This reverse trend eventually results in thinning hair. Less new hair is produced to replace the 50-100 hairs we typically lose every day from normal shedding.
The best way to thicken thin hair is to support follicle hair health. Follicles need to stay in their growth stage as long as possible. What vitamins help hair grow? Generally the best vitamins for thinning hair are the same ones involved in cellular energy production. The most well known vitamins to grow hair are A, C, E, B6, B8, B9, B12 and biotin hair vitamin H. In addition to natural hair vitamin supplements there are also key minerals that contribute to follicle health such as silica, zinc, copper and iron.
In addition to minerals and vitamins for thinning hair, herbs provide another natural remedy for thinning hair. People have been experimenting with herbal oils and rinses for centuries to discover how to grow hair faster. Specific herbs can encourage hair growth by stimulating follicles, increasing blood circulation and aiding in oxygen delivery. The more popular treatments are rosemary oil massaged into the scalp and strong hair rinses made from sage, nettles and horsetail.
Many people want to know how to thicken hair. To address this concern a vast array of specialty products have been developed. A shampoo for thin hair may claim its' herbal extracts and vitamins for thick hair will transform your tresses. Based on user reviews these products probably do make hair appear fuller, but only temporarily by causing hair cuticles to swell.
You can supercharge your diet with vitamins for thinning hair and other nutrients to promote hair growth. Conversely, there are some factors that may slow or stop hair growth. Minimize the following to allow hair growth to normalize and get back up to speed.
There's exciting new research on a possible connection between vitamin D and hair growth rejuvenation. The link between vitamin D and hair loss is not new. It's common knowledge that when a person suffers from a vitamin D deficiency hair loss can follow. This vitamin is necessary for follicles to mature and healthy hair to grow. Without vitamin D hair loss accelerates markedly. Recent research goes a step further and suggests vitamin D may actually be able to revive inactive receptors in hair follicles. Japanese researchers also recently demonstrated that vitamin D aided the generation of new follicles. Nothing definitive has been determined yet. Maybe one day vitamin D and other vitamins for thinning hair can awaken dormant hair follicles to generate new growth.
Vitamin D provides many other benefits besides supporting hair health. From strengthening the immune system to aiding calcium absorption, people are discovering how important and versatile this vitamin is. Find out more about the many health benefits of vitamin D. Adequate amounts can be obtained naturally with just two 15-minute sessions of sunlight without sunscreen each week. Also include vitamin D rich foods such as salmon, tuna, fish liver oils, cheese, and eggs in your diet. Since it's not always possible to get sufficient vitamin D from sunshine or food, ask your health care provider if a supplement is recommended.
Before starting any new supplements, especially minerals and vitamins to help hair grow, check with your health care provider. If you experience sudden hair loss or an accelerated rate of hair loss seek medical advice as these may be underlying symptoms of a more serious condition.